Prior to Sedation
You will need to arrive at our office at least 45 minutes before your scheduled appointment for us to administer the oral sedation. You will be monitored and your level of sedation will be evaluated at all times. If necessary, additional medication will be administered.
As was discussed during your consultation, a responsible driver will be needed to take you to and from your appointment. They will also be required to sign a waiver of release. We will not be able to proceed with your appointment if you drive yourself.
- □ Smokers:
Nicotine levels in your blood will affect your sedation experience
- ~Less than ½ pack a day? Refrain from smoking for 12 hours
- ~ ½ – full pack a day? Refrain from smoking for 8 hours
- ~ 1-1 ½ packs a day? Refrain from smoking for 4 hours
- ~ More than 1 ½ packs a day? Smoke right before coming to the office
- □ No Alcohol or Narcotic drugs:
We cannot safely sedate you if you have consumed alcohol, narcotics of any type (including Vicodin/Hydrocodone) or any street or recreational drugs.
- □ No Grapefruit Juice or Caffeine for 12 hours before your treatment:
Consuming caffeine will limit your level of sedation (coffee, tea, caffeinated soft drinks, etc).
- □ Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
- □ Wear light-weight comfortable clothing, preferably with short sleeves
- □ Wear comfortable shoes and socks
- □ Do not operate heavy equipment and/or drive after taking your Valium the night before your appointment
Your driver will need instructions, so please have him/her speak with the dental team before dropping you off. Your driver is encouraged to remain at our office during your sedation visit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (715) 298-9271